Design for Living in Late Life
Page edited on: 12th March 2013
This event showcased four research projects focusing on kitchens, bathrooms, clothing, and stairs.
This meeting showpieced four of the NDA projects and two other pieces of research supported by EPSRC and the EU, looking at kitchens, bathrooms, clothing, and stairs.
- Transitions in Kitchen Living: the Past, the
Present and the Future- Sheila Peace Professor
of Social Gerontology, The Open University
and Martin Maguire, Senior Researcher, Design School, Loughborough University
- The Ambient Kitchen for People with Dementia-Stephen Lindsay, Lecturer, University of
- The Future Bathroom-Gail Mountain, Professor of Health Services
Research (assisted living research)/Principal Director KT-EQUAL, University of Sheffield
- Safety on the Stairs-Emily Kingdon, PhD Student, Manchester
- SMART textiles in Garment Design-Jane McCann, Principal Investigator Design
for Ageing Well, University of Wales,
- Designing and Developing assistive devices to
support ageing continence-Eleanor van den Heuvel, Director of Assistive
Technology Programme, Brunel Institute for Ageing Studies, Brunel University
The presentations from the event are available on the web page above the
Web site - http://stadium.open.ac.uk/webcast-ou/
Web page - http://stadium.open.ac.uk/stadia/preview.php?whichevent=2115&s=31
We are working on a write-up of the day and this will be
available from the KT-EQUAL website at the following link:
The day was be hosted by Rama Gheerawo, Deputy Director of the Helen Hamlyn Design Centre at the RCA who runs the Age and Culture lab.